Monday 16 May 2011

Aranyaprathet

We have left Bangkok and have arrived in Aranyaprathet.











 






Our bus (Gertie) is more than twenty years old, has no air con and leaks when it rains. Tonight I am sharing a double bed with someone. Apparently the motto for this trip is all about flexibility and acceptance and tolerance and stuff, so I am going to complain here to you rather than look bad in front of the rest of the group. I also have a query about the Coke bottle opener in the toilet.

 
















Actually, the hotel reminds me a lot of Chez Lala in Tulear. But with a pool and no Madame Lala and no prostitutes. I am about to go for a swim in the pool (just giving it a few more minutes for the day to get cooler...) and I am looking forward to sitting in the outdoor restaurant and drinking beer. Everything is reminding me a lot of Madagascar and I am feeling all lovely and reminisce-y.

This is my third (?) day in Thailand and I have learnt to say four things. Hello, Thank you, foreigner and gecko. Tomorrow we cross the border into Cambodia



No comments: