Sunday 18 November 2007

I smell like calamari (it haunts my sleep, it never goes away, I am at one with the calamari) (stinky stuff)

Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000
From: Ceels
Subject: I smell like calamari (it haunts my sleep, it never goes away, I am at one with the calamari) (stinky stuff).

Oh mi god.

We got the house.

If only I wasn't so sleepy I could properly appreciate it.

Like going to see it. Is it bad to sign the lease before I see the house? I mean I trust lex, but Sal (at work) seems to think I am crazy. Course, she thought I was crazy already.

So, I am living in a house I haven't seen yet, but by reputation it is fabulous and not a dump. Two good things

It looks like my career as a chef might be over already. No. I am sure it is not that serious. It is just that Steven, the head chef, wants to 'have a talk to me'. I feel like I am trying really hard, but it doesn't seem to be enough and I just get told I’m crap. It would probably really upset me, but I comfort myself with the knowledge that if I get fired I can just go flip burgers at Maccas. She’ll be right.

On Wednesdays now I have a shift as kitchen hand. I don't much like washing dishes but I have decided to look on it as my substitute for going to the gym (because I went to the gym so much). Besides, while my hands are scrubbing my brain can go and do other things. I have worked out why all the kitchen hands are so thin though. You do all this physically strenuous work and by the time you get to the end of the shift, the last thing you feel like seeing ever again is food.

I have to go wash, I really do reek of calamari, the stench is making me feel light headed.

love ceels

No comments: