Sunday 29 January 2012

Housesitting, day eight

Uncle Rob tried to put a comment on the blog, yesterday. The blog wouldn't let him, so he emailed it to me.

" ... Enjoyed reading your Blog this morning … which brings me to the reason for this email. The next Farmer’s Market is Sat next (4/2/12) 9 am – 1 pm. Would suggest possible barter of excess Zucchinis for 1 Chook (replacement) !?!
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Keep well,
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Uncle Rob.
"

I went hunting for the chook today, couldn't find her. I have more than 30 squash/zucchini sitting on the bench (I really can't eat more than two a day, though I am trying - they *are* delicious, if repetitive). I wonder if someone would take 30 zucchini in exchange for one chook.

It was rather warm here today, but the house was a champion and didn't heat up at all.

The dog has sent me to Coventry. I shouted at her this morning (for the first time), as she went to go into my room, and grabbed her collar. She dropped to the floor and wee-d herself and then went and put herself to bed and hasn't spoken to me since.

I took her with me for a walk when I went to look for the chook and she cheered up, tearing about in the long grass, but hasn't forgiven me.

No comments: