Monday 30 January 2012

House sitting, day nine.

The overlanding people got back to me with a form for the tour guide job. I feel a little overwhelmed, by the form and by the fact that they want $2,500 up front towards flights and training (they pay it back to you, $1,000 at the end of the first year and $1,500 at the end of the second).

I have been checking my email obsessively ALL DAY for the reply on the diving job. I should probably cut myself off from the internet.

I heard the chook again this morning. I went again and had a search for her. Then this evening, I spoke to the neighbour-over-the-back and he thinks he heard her, too. I might go back tomorrow and leave a trail of feed from the dense brambles where I think I heard her to the hole in the fence where I think she got through.

It has been an excessively delightful day (apart from the slight obsession problem). Soft, persistent rain all morning. Glorious, gentle sunshine all afternoon.

No comments: