Tuesday 6 October 2009

she stood on the balcony, inexplicably mimicking him, hiccoughing and amicably waving him in

Date: Fri, 18 May 2001
From: Ceels
Subject: she stood on the balcony, inexplicably mimicking him, hiccoughing and amicably waving him in.

Dear all,

Quote for the week:
“What did you do last week?”
“I went to visit grandma.”
“What did you do while you were there?”
“We looked at grandma.”

I ate fish head soup on Monday, so I can add it to the list of weird things I’ve eaten (which so far only includes stinky tofu and haggis (don't eat stinky tofu))

I learned how to say 'my nose is bigger than your nose' in Chinese (my most useful sentence so far, after 'I don't speak Chinese')

Last Saturday night at 1am every light in every classroom was on, and all the tellies were tuned to what looked like surveillance camera footage of the room in question. Last night at midnight all the lights in the rooms on the third and forth floors were on and the tellies had the blue screens again. Please somebody tell me I am being paranoid. I would go and investigate, but it always happens after they have locked my building, and besides...

Yesterday was a gritty teeth day in Beijing. The wind brings the dust and it gets all in your mouth and slides around against your teeth. I don't like it (okay, so I maybe ate a bit of dirt when I was little, or was it chook pellets? I can't remember) anyway, it gets in your ears and in your nose and in your eyes. And you can tell which kids use gel in their hair, they look kinda... dusty.

Today was 34 degrees Celsius. Tomorrow will 37 and it is only may. At home it is moving along well towards winter and, even in the equivalent season, which is, what, November? it doesn't dare top 27. This will mean less email. Trek to the internet cafe at -12 I will, trek to the internet cafe at +37 I will not.

Oh well, according to Zest, perspiration is good for you.

love and kisses on all your pink bits
ceels

No comments: