Thursday 22 October 2009

I have seventeen mosquito bites

Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001
From: Ceels
Subject: I have seventeen mosquito bites

I’ve read a lot about having your pockets picked, every one from Prince Kheldar to Sherlock Holmes. But now I feel I have the authority to write about it.

Didn’t feel or see a thing.

I have heard that members of the 'Jedifaith' want to have the 'Jedi Faith' listed as an official religion on the national census. I think I might have to come home, as Australia seems to be falling apart.

Yesterday on my way to work at the newspaper I saw a couple of dozen police hats neatly lined up in a grid pattern on the foot path. Because nothing in China surprises me anymore, I was not surprised. And when I got around the corner I discovered that a couple of dozen policemen were being made to run around the block in forty degree heat with no hats.

When I left the paper I ran into a bunch of army guys marching in time and I felt a little intimidated. Then I noticed that, just like in my classes, the ones up the back were stuffing around and generally behaving like fools, knocking each other’s hats off and tripping each other up, and I felt reassured.

Ceels

No comments: