Sunday 1 June 2008

I could get used to doing an easy job and having heaps of hours off to see people and do stuff

Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000
From: Ceels
Subject: I could get used to doing an easy job and having heaps of hours off to see people and do stuff.

Dear all

I have begun my new job as a coffee maker at the coffeeshop on the crn of Bourke and queen streets. At the moment I am only trusted on the till, but I am going to be trained to make coffee over the week.

I like this job. Everybody looks more beautiful when they are buying coffee and everybody instinctively loves you because they know you are going to give them coffee, so I get to smile at people all day long.

However, the Kitchen has ruined my work ethic. I scoff at the idea of a three-hour shift (what's the point in working less than eight hours). I scoff at the idea of an unpaid half hour break (what am I going to do? sit down?). I can't relax, while I’m at work I have to be doing something, so I keep finding things to clean and doing the 'must be cleaned list' (what, do you mean this cupboard doesn't get cleaned out at the end of every shift?)

The only draw back is that when I get money out of the till the shirt I am wearing allows the customer a full view of my cleavage. I am going to go and buy another shirt now.

I am going to China at the beginning of February.

love you
ceels

No comments: