Monday 16 June 2008

golden girl yearning for the moon

Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001
From: Ceels
Subject: golden girl yearning for the moon

Hi ya
According to the People's Republic of China I tested negative to Anti-HIV (ELISA) and the Syphilis Serum agglutination reaction. Also I do not have Cholera, Yellow fever, Leprosy, the Plague, Psychosis or Venereal Disease. I have however developed the distressing habit of extreme enunciation and a discernable gap between each word and the one previous. This is to say that I can no longer talk like a normal human being and sound quite the norris.

However, China's medical system is not infallible as they reported no abnormal finding of my diaphragm, and yet, I am still hiccoughing (we're going on five years now). The hospital we went to had a 'propaganda and re-education room'. I did not ask, I tried not to appear too interested.

The kids are getting better (or should that read, I am getting better). And the weather is getting daily warmer. It felt rather like a cool summer evening today (of course that was at two o'clock and I am wearing a gortex jacket, but my point is it's warmer)

love you
ceels.

No comments: