Wednesday 4 June 2008

Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000
From: Ceels

What an eventful day I’ve had, I’ve fallen in love (twice), fallen in hate and been upgraded to making coffee.

I have fallen in love with one of the other baristas who smells quite delicious. Unfortunately he works afternoons. Which was why I was quite good humoured about working an extra shift tonight (it meant I had to close up with him, I thought it was going to be just the two of us (sigh) but the manager was there to do a stock take.

I have fallen in hate with another chap who works there (they must be more tolerant than me, I would have fired him weeks ago) and I wouldn't even mind him so much if it weren't for the fact he smells like he accidentally wet his pants a couple of days ago and forgot to change them.

It was as well I worked this afternoon because a guy I went to school with, and haven't seen since, came in for coffee and I looked up from pouring a tall skinny latte with a shot of vanilla and there he was and I fell in love again. Naturally, I blushed crimson (very very) but maintained enough composure to get his number.

I worked from 7am to 7pm today, with a four-hour break at lunch. In my break I went home and did three loads of washing (in the washing machine that Lex and I fixed all by ourselves yesterday, yes we are real diy home hardware girls) and while I was putting the second load out I stubbed my little toe and popped off the nail. I hissed and hissed and hissed, but I didn't swear scream or fall in a heap.

I went to the publisher yesterday (where I am doing my second job). The coffeeshop might eventually result in glassy eyes and a hollow heart, but I think data entry will do it right away. The coffee manager keeps trying to convince me to not to do data entry and to work more hours at the coffeeshop (maybe in the afternoons...), but data entry pays more (and I have discovered after my first pay check from the coffeeshop (compared to the kitchen) that I quite like money) and I have said yes to data entry (although I also said yes every time the publishing lady said 'and of course you can type really fast').

but I must away, my stomach is calling,

much love (oh yes indeedy)
ceels

No comments: