Thursday 5 June 2008

7 signs you get up at five o'clock every morning

Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2000
From: Ceels
Subject: 7 signs you get up at five o'clock every morning

I have found where the stupid people are. They are all in publishing.

When I went out into the world from the hallowed halls and grave traditions of university I was told to be careful, I was warned of the stupid people out there.

I found a couple of stupid people in England. There weren't any stupid people in the kitchen, there is the odd stupid person making coffee, but where were the hordes? the unwashed masses?

Fear not, gentle reader, I have boldly gone and found them for you.

You may consider that after only an hour in my new job that I am being unnecessarily harsh. You are entitled to your own opinion. But if someone asks me if I know where the start button is, they need to expect me to be a little scathing.

If you worked like that in the kitchen you would be belted over the head with something heavy, doused in oil and kicked out so fast you catch on fire on the way out the door. I have met sheep with more individuality and self-direction.

My eyes glazed over and my brain knocked off for the day, fortunately the computer system was not working, so I had to go home.

On a brighter note, making coffee is heaps fun. I have developed a habit of getting a strong iced coffee with no cream for the walk home after work. The way Belinda makes it for me it is more of a triple espresso with ice cream. As I wander home and look at the trees the ice cream bumps against my lips and the caffeine buzzes happily. It is the kind of iced coffee that makes you feel tall and gorgeous.

love you all
ceekls

No comments: