Wednesday 12 September 2007

Date: Mon, 1 Nov 1999 19:41:16 +0000 (GMT)
From: Ceels
Subject:

I am drowning. I am drowning in the rising tide of my own snot. My lungs are filled. My nose is raw and it feels like all the fog and mists of this damned river valley have settled in my chest. Silly country. Silly weather. Silly English k-niggits.

Yesterday was Halloween. The silly English people got all excited about it.

Actually, one of the B1 girls brought back this amazing pumpkin she had carved. It looked like a series of geometric shapes until it was lit. It was an incredibly realistic vampire face; I wish you could see it.

We lit it fifteen minutes before lights out. The vampire looked a little like it was moving and there were bats projected onto the ceiling. I sat in the dark with them as they told ghost stories. They weren’t very scary. They convinced me to tell one and I terrified them, I had to back pedal like mad and in the end just before Toby, Olivia, Simon, and Emma, met a dark and dastardly fate, it turned out that it was Emma’s little brother James who had been scaring them all along. Then I was cross-examined, ‘But how was he blowing out the candles?’ ‘But how did the face on the pumpkin move?’ ‘But why didn’t they just....’ (bless em).

As it turned out I was the one who had nightmares. You know the ones where you leap out of bed and out the door because there is something climbing through the wall and you don’t realise you are dreaming till you wake up in the corridor shivering with cold. Well. I have those dreams.

I have to go and return the keys now.

all my love
ceels ____________________________________________________________

No comments: