Monday 20 August 2007

Learning to like cold toast and showers

Date: Tue, 14 Sept 1999 09:50:45 +0100 (BST)
From: Ceels
Subject: Learning to like cold toast and showers.

I have arrived in my second week of term with all limbs attached and the vestiges of my sanity hanging in tatters around my knees.

No longer do I watch Ally McBeal, Dawson’s and Buffy, but have taken instead to watching Neighbours between seeing the day girls off and supervising supper.

The exeat is in two weeks.

This weekend the boarders went to Weymouth and I, in my trusting innocence, went with them. Actually, that was quite fun because it was very sunny and we went to the seaside (such as it was).

We also went to Brewers’ Quay and went around the 'time walk' there. The time walk was a bit scary with talking cats and a pretty graphic description of the Black Death. I went around with one terrified little girl attached to each arm. Towards the end all the girls stopped being scared and started being bored. This involved throwing pebbles at each other and the exhibits, chucking sand about, complaining in their little pommy voices and sticking their fingers up the noses of the models.

I have not done any riding yet, but I do get to take the girls swimming again this morning. I hope we won't have a repeat of yesterday when one little girl managed to leave her knickers behind at the pool.
love you all
ceels
____________________________________________________________

No comments: