Friday 19 October 2007

'k' for kicking king (just because I have left school, doesn’t mean I have to stop letterland)

Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 11:24:25 +0000 (GMT)
From: Ceels
Subject: 'k' for kicking king (just because I have left school, doesn’t mean I have to stop letterland).

Well, I have arrived in Edinburgh. I spent a lovely couple of days in the peak district staying in the village where Charlotte Bronte stayed when she started writing Jane Eyre and where Little John is buried. And it snowed and snowed and snowed. And everything was beautiful and the people I was staying with kept feeding me and feeding me. I tried to explain to them that I had been really quite sick in the previous two weeks, but they were a bit deaf and just kept offering me food.

I have found some sort of cheapish email place, which is still pretty xpensive so I will type fast. I am staying in the High street Hostel at 8 Blackfriars Rd. I am in a room with seven other girls.

I am on the top bunk by the door and there is a narrow aisle slightly wider than the door between the two sets of bunks. There is nowhere to keep my stuff, so I am sleeping with most of it. I am warm enough; it is actually warmer in the hostel than it was in my room at school. I had a shower last night and suddenly felt shy, so I went to the shower fully dressed. I, I who have been skinny dipping at Wannon Falls, Point Lonsdale and oh, that place near Rosebud; I who have been on nudie runs through paddocks and cemeteries and football ovals was too shy to go to the showers in a towel.

I don't know what to do now as far as finding work. I don't don't don't want to waitress. I don't know whether I should go to Aberdeen. Most places here did their recruiting for Christmas last week (it figures); there is the opportunity to do more work with little kids (woo hoo); or at a new place called the Wok Bar. I don't know.

I want to find somewhere to live with a stronger Scottish accent. At the moment all the girls in my dorm are Australian. never mind. Something will work out. I will soon stop feeling paralysed with the terror of making a decision and get something sorted.

Well I have another three minutes on the internet. So I am off

I love you all very much

ceels ____________________________________________________________

No comments: